It is the start of a new month, which means it is time to set some new goals! November is a really special month for me. It is full of birthdays and one of my favorite holidays. Growing up, Thanksgiving meant spending time with my family and celebrating birthdays. My birthday is at the end of the month. My boyfriend’s birthday is the day before mine. My cousin’s is only a few days before that. My grandmother’s was in between mine and my cousin’s. I can remember blowing out birthday candles that were sticking out of a pumpkin pie after enjoying a Thanksgiving feast.
My Monthly Goals for November:
1. Run 4 times a week. My training plan for November is tough! It calls for 4 runs a week and the mileage is going to start increasing. If I follow my training plan exactly, I should run about 120 miles, which would be the most mileage I have ever run in a month.
2. Add more stretching, cross training and strength training. Since my mileage is really increasing this month, I need to make sure that I am balancing it with plenty of stretching, cross training, and strength training. I am planning to attend Bikram yoga classes again on Monday evening and going to the gym on Wednesdays and Fridays for cross training and strength training.
3. Be better at tracking my eating habits and drink more water. One of my goals for the year was to finally get down to my goal weight. Unfortunately, my weight has been holding strong in the low 160s and I am still 20+ pounds away from my goal. My weight has been affecting my running so I need to make a better effort to lose the excess weight.
4. Participate in the November #FMSPhotoADay. I really wanted to complete the October challenge but I was distracted by studying and work. The November are really good so I am hoping to participate more this month.
5. Blog every single day. November is National Blog Posting Month (NaBloPoMo). My goal is to publish a new blog post every single day this month. I have a few more travel posts from our trip to California and my weekend in Seattle. There will also be a few race recaps and Disney related posts. Fingers crossed that I can pull this off!
What are your goals for the month of November?
Happy Friday! How in the world is it the first day of November already? I still can’t believe that yesterday was Halloween. How much candy do you have leftover? We always end up with way too candy at the end of the night. I think I might bring it into the office on Monday to see if I can get rid of most of it. Who is ready for a coffee break? I certainly am! It has been a seriously strange week for me to say the least. I have some exciting things to share and some crazy stories from the week. How about you?
As I am writing this post, I am actually enjoying some hot tea in my favorite Dopey mug. I am a huge coffee drinker but every once in a while I like to enjoy a delicious cup of hot tea. When I do have hot tea, my preference is usually a loose leaf herbal or green tea. Go ahead and grab your drink of choice and lets chat about our weeks!
If we met for coffee today, I would tell you that I am super excited about the Wine and Dine Half Marathon next weekend. It is probably my favorite runDisney event and it will be my third year running it. I have been really trying to focus on my running this week and it seems to be working. I am really hoping that my long run this weekend will help boost my confidence. Next weekend is going to be awesome!
If we met for coffee today, I would tell you about my strange week of jury duty. It started off with a very long day on Monday sitting in the courthouse jury summons room. After more hours than I care to think about, I was finally called back to a courtroom for a jury selection. Despite the attorneys saying absolutely nothing to me, I was selected for jury duty for a trial that was set for yesterday. After more waiting around on Thursday, I ended up being dismissed when the trial was settled. I am not sharing the entire story but the whole thing just made me laugh. It reminded me of all the “horror” stories that people share about jury duty. I couldn’t stop laughing at the whole situation yesterday!
If we met for coffee today, I would tell you that I am super excited to announce that I have been selected as a Verizon Voices SE Ambassador. I have been a Verizon customer for many years now (since they bought Alltel way back in 2008) and have been with them ever since. We even have our cable and internet service through them. Over the next few months, I will sharing a bunch of information about Verizon Wireless and some of their great programs.
Did anything exciting happen this week? Have you ever had jury duty?