What a week! The week started off pretty rough for me but ended on an amazing high note. I spent the holiday weekend working in a crazy attempt to be caught up by the time I left for the Dopey Challenge. That plan didn’t work out so well and I actually spent quite a bit of time at the hotel working. Despite my less than stellar work week, my workouts went fabulously! I am still on Cloud 9 with how well they went.
My fourth Dopey Challenge did not go at all the way that I expected it would. The 5k had a few hiccups in the form of a scraped knee on one of my running buddies. The 10k went off without a hitch and I met my time goal. The half marathon was cancelled due to Winter Storm Helena and the lovely thunderstorm that she brought. I still managed to get in a run between the torrential downpours and the lightning storm. The full marathon was the race that I was the most concerned with going into the weekend. I knew that I could complete the other 3 races without a problem. I just didn’t feel like I had trained hard enough for the full marathon portion of the Dopey Challenge. By the time I crossed the finish line of that race, I had proven myself so very wrong. Not only did I complete the full marathon in freezing temperatures, I also earned a shiny new PR of 18+ minutes in the process! I had no idea that full marathon race was in me but somehow I pulled it off.
Monday – Barre Class + Easy Run
- Mixed Level Class (Diagonal Seat)
- 1.09 miles, 15:01 minutes, 13:45 min/mile avg. pace
Tuesday – Barre Class + Easy Run
- Mixed Level Class (Water Ski Seat)
- 2.01 miles, 22:32 minutes, 11:13 min/mile avg. pace
Wednesday – Easy Run
- 1.29 miles, 15:01 minutes, 11:40 min/mile avg. pace
Thursday – Walt Disney World 5k
- 3.11 miles, 54:29 minutes, 17:32 min/mile avg. pace
Friday – Walt Disney World 10k
- 6.21 miles, 1:30:11 (total time), 14:30 min/mile avg. pace
Saturday – Easy Run
- 6.14 miles, 1:13:17 (total time), 11:55 min/mile avg. pace
Sunday – Walt Disney World Marathon
- 26.22 miles, 5:59:18 (total time), 13:42 min/mile avg. pace
- Running – 46.07 miles, 10:29:49 (total time), 13:40 min/mile avg. pace
- Cross Training – 2 classes
How did your workouts go last week? Did the winter storm affect any of your plans?