How in the world are we already 6 months into the year? I am officially starting to freak out about the wedding. I know that Pete and I are in a good place with our checklist but I still feel like we have so much to do. We did make some headway this weekend by finishing up our planning kit and ordering our invitation proofs. I am so excited to get started assembling the invitations and getting them ready to send out.
Before I get going on a random wedding tangent, let me tell you about my workouts went last week. I promise I am trying to get better about blogging and sharing my life. The biggest thing going on in my life besides work and wedding stuff is my workout routine. Last week, my running workouts were not easy at all. It wasn’t the distances that got to me. It was the weather. The horrendous heat and humidity made my daily runs absolutely miserable. Even if I waited until 11 PM to run, I would still end up drenched in sweat after only a few minutes. I may need to start heading back to the gym for my daily runs just so that I don’t melt. Running in the air conditioning is 1000% better than melting in a puddle of my own sweat.
Since I am almost at 200(!) days of running and it is the start of a new month, I thought it was about time to challenge myself a little more with my running streak. I have been really good about making sure that I run at least 15 minutes every day, which is a little more than one mile. That isn’t enough to get me through the Dopey Challenge and meet my goals for that race weekend. I have decided to up my game a little bit each week and month going forward. My goals for the month of June is to run at least 18 minutes each day and increase my weekly mileage by at least 1 mile (or 15 minutes). If I can make it through June, then I will continue the trend as I head into marathon training.
My barre classes last week were also challenging. Who knew that I would be able to consistently do more than 200 push-ups each week? When I started taking barre classes back in October, I never thought that I would actually feel challenged with every single class. Two weeks ago, I reached a pretty cool milestone … 100 classes! I will say the changes I am seeing in my body are a little more subtle than I normally see when I am strength training but I have never stuck with a program more consistently than this … EVER! I actually think taking classes regularly has helped me keep my running streak going.
Monday – Easy Run
- 42 miles, 18:01 minutes, 12:40 min/mile avg. pace
Tuesday – Barre Class + Easy Run
- Barre Class – Mixed Level (60 minutes, 30 push-ups)
- 61 miles, 19:23 minutes, 12:01 min/mile avg. pace
Wednesday – Barre Class + Easy Run
- Barre Class – Bar Move (60 minutes, 90 push-ups)
- 86 miles, 22:37 minutes, 12:11 min/mile avg. pace
Thursday – Barre Class + Easy Run
- Barre Class – Mixed Level (60 minutes, 35 push-ups)
- 50 miles, 18:02 minutes, 12:01 min/mile avg. pace
Friday – Barre Class + Easy Run
- Barre Class – Bar Move (60 minutes, 80 push-ups)
- 49 miles, 18:02 minutes, 12:06 min/mile avg. pace
Saturday – Easy Run
- 20 miles, 15:01 minutes, 12:27 min/mile avg. pace
Sunday – Barre Class + Long Run
- Barre Class – Mixed Level (60 minutes, 50 push-ups)
- 3.13 miles, 39:02 minutes, 12:29 min/mile avg. pace
- Running – 12.21 miles, 2:30:08 (total time), 12:18 min/mile avg. pace
- Cross Training – 5 workouts, 285 push-ups
How did your workouts go last week? What are your fitness goals for June?