Last week was a crazy week full of insane weather and tragic events. The week started off with a tropical storm that dumped a whole bunch of rain on the Tampa Bay area and ended with a heartbreaking event in a city that is close to home. I am finding it hard to truly express my feelings on the horrible events that occurred over the weekend in Orlando. I truly don’t understand the hatred that exists in other people. I hope that one day peace will come to the victims and their families.
Managing to keep everything moving forward with my fitness plans was the name of the game last week. The only thing I didn’t accomplish was adding at least one mile to my weekly mileage total from the previous. I was actually a little surprised at how easy it was for me to increase my minimum run to 18 minutes every day. Three of my daily runs last week were actually longer than that. One of the hardest parts of my workouts last week was dealing with the humidity. It severely impacted my average pace for the week. I really need to figure out a way to around it or I will be melting into puddle by the end of the summer. I think the humidity was made worse by the start of the afternoon showers that come every day in the summer.
Monday – Easy Run
- 30 miles, 30:01 minutes, 13:02 min/mile avg. pace
Tuesday – Barre Class + Easy Run
- Barre Class – Mixed Level (60 minutes, 60 push-ups)
- 53 miles, 18:01 minutes, 11:48 min/mile avg. pace
Wednesday – Barre Class + Easy Run
- Barre Class – Bar Move (60 minutes, 80 push-ups)
- 39 miles, 18:01 minutes, 12:55 min/mile avg. pace
Thursday – Barre Class + Easy Run
- Barre Class – Mixed Level (60 minutes, 50 push-ups)
- 99 miles, 24:02 minutes, 12:03 min/mile avg. pace
Friday – Barre Class + Easy Run
- Barre Class – Bar Move (60 minutes, 70 push-ups)
- 41 miles, 18:01 minutes, 12:48 min/mile avg. pace
Saturday – Easy Run + Barre Class
- 44 miles, 18:01 minutes, 12:29 min/mile avg. pace
- Barre Class – Level 1 (60 minutes, 20 push-ups)
Sunday – Easy Run
- 15 miles, 27:01 minutes, 12:34 min/mile avg. pace
- Running – 12.21 miles, 2:33:08 (total time), 12:32 min/mil avg. pace
- Cross Training – 5 workouts, 280 push-ups
How did your workouts go last week?