It is the start of a new month, which means it is time to set some new goals! November is a really special month for me. It is full of birthdays and one of my favorite holidays. Growing up, Thanksgiving meant spending time with my family and celebrating birthdays. My birthday is at the end of the month. My boyfriend’s birthday is the day before mine. My cousin’s is only a few days before that. My grandmother’s was in between mine and my cousin’s. I can remember blowing out birthday candles that were sticking out of a pumpkin pie after enjoying a Thanksgiving feast.
My Monthly Goals for November:
1. Run 4 times a week. My training plan for November is tough! It calls for 4 runs a week and the mileage is going to start increasing. If I follow my training plan exactly, I should run about 120 miles, which would be the most mileage I have ever run in a month.
2. Add more stretching, cross training and strength training. Since my mileage is really increasing this month, I need to make sure that I am balancing it with plenty of stretching, cross training, and strength training. I am planning to attend Bikram yoga classes again on Monday evening and going to the gym on Wednesdays and Fridays for cross training and strength training.
3. Be better at tracking my eating habits and drink more water. One of my goals for the year was to finally get down to my goal weight. Unfortunately, my weight has been holding strong in the low 160s and I am still 20+ pounds away from my goal. My weight has been affecting my running so I need to make a better effort to lose the excess weight.
4. Participate in the November #FMSPhotoADay. I really wanted to complete the October challenge but I was distracted by studying and work. The November are really good so I am hoping to participate more this month.
5. Blog every single day. November is National Blog Posting Month (NaBloPoMo). My goal is to publish a new blog post every single day this month. I have a few more travel posts from our trip to California and my weekend in Seattle. There will also be a few race recaps and Disney related posts. Fingers crossed that I can pull this off!
What are your goals for the month of November?