For me, summer breaks have always meant long hours spent at the pool, early morning walks on the beach, and barbeques. Each of those summer activities included some form of delicious iced cold beverage or treat. I seriously love ice cream, popsicles, frozen yogurt, lemonade and iced tea. My dad used to take me to a local frozen yogurt shop after he picked me up school. I would get a small cup of vanilla frozen yogurt with a topping of my choice, which was always gummy bears.
My favorite summer time beverage is pink lemonade. It is sweet, tart and absolutely delicious. When I think of pink lemonade, images of the containers of Country Time Pink Lemonade Mix always come to mind. My mother would bring home those containers every once in a while and we would mix up large jugs of pink lemonade. To this day, I still enjoy having an iced cold glass of strawberry or raspberry lemonade at a Summer BBQ.
This week’s Sunday Supper theme is the Summer BBQ and I couldn’t resist creating a delicious frozen version of one of my favorite summertime drinks. If you haven’t figured it out yet, I am completely in love with raspberries. I thought it would be fun to create a raspberry lemonade popsicle using fresh squeezed lemons and pureed raspberries. Of course, that combination is rather tart so I added some honey to sweeten the pink lemonade. To make these popsicles super creamy, I mixed in Greek yogurt (but you could use regular yogurt).
Raspberry Lemonade Frozen Yogurt Pops
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 6 hours
Keywords: dessert raspberry lemon yogurt summer
Ingredients (six 4 ounce pops)
- 1-1/2 cups raspberries (two 6 oz. packages)
- 1 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
Puree 3/4 cups of raspberries in a blender. Push the puree through a fine mesh sieve in order to remove the seeds from the pulp and juice.
Combine raspberry puree, lemon juice, and honey. Whisk together until thoroughly mixed. Add yogurt. Mix until smooth.
Add remaining raspberries to ice pop molds. Divide raspberry lemonade yogurt mixture evenly among ice pop molds. Place in the freezer for at least 6 hours.
For more Summer BBQ inspired recipes, check out these other #SundaySupper recipes:
Hot Off the Grill:
- Best Grilled Pork Chops by Hezzi-D’s Books & Cooks
- Bleu Cheese Burgers by Juanita’s Cocina
- Korean Grilled Flank Steak by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Swedish Blonde Burgers by Eat, Move, Shine
- Hawaiian Hot Dogs by La Cocina De Leslie
- BBQing the Whole Hog, Cuban Style by Webicurean
- Meat Stuffed Jalapenos by The Urban Mrs
- St. Louis Ribs by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Fish Kebabs with Mint Chutney by Soni’s Food
- Jalapeno Bacon Burgers by Cookin’ Mimi
- Cheddar Cheese Stuffed Bacon Burgers by In the Kitchen with KP
- Curried Pork Sliders with Peanut Sauce & Apple Slaw by Foxes Love Lemons
- Grilled Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Breasts by Sustainable Dad
- Ditch Dogs by Daily Dish Recipes
- Bison Kabobs by Noshing With The Nolands
On the Side:
- Spicy Baked Beans by The Messy Baker
- Wisconsin Roasted Corn by Curious Cuisiniere
- German Potato Salad by The Foodie Army Wife
- Grilled Baby Potatoes With Peppers And Onions by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Sausage Potato Salad by girlichef
- Lightened Up Fully Loaded Baked Potato Salad by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Homemade Mustards by A Stack of Dishes
- Spicy Grilled Corn Salad by Magnolia Days
- Layered California Pasta Salad by The Weekend Gourmet
- Grilled Potato Salad by In Fine Balance
- Spicy Bacon and Corn Salad by Hip Foodie Mom
- Three Corns with Japanese Accents by Ninja Baking
- Cucumber Bruschetta by Healthy. Delicious.
- Grilled Zucchini by Supper for a Steal
- Chicken Spinach & Pasta Salad by Family Foodie
- Red, White & Blue Parfait by Country Girl in the Village
- Root Beer Float Sandwich Cookies by Chocolate Moosey
- Gluten Free Brownies by Blueberries & Blessings
- Grilled Stone Fruit Parfait by Pescetarian Journal
- Blueberry Sorbet by Shockingly Delicious
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Tres Leches Cake by Happy Baking Days
- Beach Cupcakes by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Grilled Banana Dessert Bar by Home Cooking Memories
- Berries & Cream Pie by Treats & Trinkets
- Raspberry Lemonade Frozen Yogurt Pops by Runner’s Tales
- More S’mores by Growing Up Gabel
- Blackberry Peach Cobbler by Neighborfood
- Cornbread Cookies by Pies & Plots
- Funfetti Fluff Cheerio Treats by What Smells So Good?
- Pineapple Pudding by Granny’s Down Home Sassy Southern Cooking
In the Cooler:
- Cherry Caipiroska by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Mint Tea Slushes by Cindy’s Recipes and Writing
- Prickly Pear Margaritas by Ruffles & Truffles
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.