Merry Christmas! I hope that Santa Claus brought you absolutely everything you asked for. I also truly hope that you have a wonderful day with your family and friends. As promised, here is the second half of the 25 Days of Blogging Christmas. Enjoy!
25 Days of Blogging Christmas
13. Favorite Christmas book – My favorite Christmas book is How the Grinch Stole Christmas! by Dr. Seuss. There is something about this story that really reminds me of what Christmas is all about.
14. Real or Artificial Tree? – Artificial Tree. My parents had a real tree for their very first Christmas together. My mom hated the fact that a tree died and really didn’t like tossing it on the side of the road to be picked up by the garbage men. Since then, we have always had an artificial tree. My boyfriend and I have an artificial tree this year because neither one of us knows how to take care of a real tree.
15. The best gift I have ever given – An Electric Guitar! Last year, I gave my boyfriend an electric guitar for Christmas so he could learn how to play it. I also got him a video (that is 10x better than Guitar Hero) to help him learn. He LOVES it!
16. Hardest person to buy for? – No one in my family is easy to buy for. Every year, there is one person who is the hardest to buy for. This year it was my boyfriend. Up until about a week ago, I had NO IDEA what I was going to get him.
17. Post a picture of an old Christmas card – This is a portion of my family’s Christmas card from 2007.
18. When do I open gifts? – My family opens gifts on Christmas morning. While breakfast is cooking, we open the stockings. Then we eat breakfast while watching the Christmas parade. After all of that, we open gifts.
19. Favorite stocking stuffer – Scratch-off Lottery Tickets! There is always a stack of scratch-offs in my stocking every year. We use the money to buy more scratch-offs until we run out of winning tickets.
20. Favorite Christmas meal – Cinnamon Rolls for breakfast! Every year, we would make Pillsbury cinnamon rolls for breakfast to eat while we opened our presents. I love the gooey, sweetness of a warm cinnamon on Christmas morning. Last year I made whole wheat cinnamon rolls from scratch and they were delicious.
21. Do you travel on the holidays? – Not usually. We used to go camping at Walt Disney World but we never really traveled farther than that. My parents have gone to Chicago the last two years to spend the holidays with my sister but I haven’t been able to go.
22. Eggnog or hot chocolate? – Hot Chocolate all the way! I have tried eggnog and I really don’t like it at all.
23. My plans for Christmas 2012 – My parents and sister have gone to Chicago to visit my other sister who lives there. My boyfriend’s mom lives in North Carolina. Since neither one of us have immediate family in the area, we have decided to go to Walt Disney World for the day to celebrate Christmas.
24. Favorite Christmas Eve tradition – Every year on Christmas Eve, my dad watches The Christmas Story on TBS. It always starts at 8 pm and runs for an entire 24 hours. I love watching that movie every year whether I am with my father or not.
Now tell me a little bit about your holiday traditions!