Merry Christmas Eve! (If you celebrate Christmas, of course. Otherwise, Happy Holidays!)
If you are like me, then you are probably freaking out that Christmas is tomorrow and you still have a ton of stuff to do or buy. My parents and baby sister are in Chicago visiting my other sister, who lives there. I wish I could be with them but it wasn’t in the cards this year (stupid work project). I saw this list of Christmas-themed blogging prompts and I thought it would be fun to share a little bit about my Holiday Traditions. Since there are 24 prompts, I have split it up into 2 posts. The second half will be posted tomorrow.
25 Days of Blogging Christmas
1. My Favorite Christmas Movie – My favorite Christmas movie is definitely Irving Berlin’s White Christmas. I love the singing, dancing and love stories in this Holiday classic.
2. My 2012 Christmas Wish List – Honestly, I don’t like making Wish Lists for Christmas because I don’t always know exactly what I want. I am one of those people that buys what I want or need as soon as I think about it. My family hates it though because they never know what to get me for my birthday or Christmas.
3. When/how did I learn that Santa wasn’t real? Wait, what?!? Santa isn’t real!!! I actually found out in the 5th Grade. One afternoon in December, my mom came up to with a sad look in her eyes. She crouched down, started crying and said that Santa wasn’t real. Then it was my time turn to start crying.That year, my mom woke me up to be Santa with my parents.
4. My Favorite Christmas Song – My favorite Christmas song is Where Are You Christmas sung by Faith Hill from The Grinch Who Stole Christmas. I also love the original version of White Christmas sung by Bing Crosby.
5. Best gift I have ever received – This is a tough one to answer. My boyfriend always gets me amazing presents. Last year, he gave me a handmade medal hanger for all of race medals. Also, my sisters gave me my first ever GPS sports watch.
6. My favorite tree ornament – My angels are my favorite tree ornament. Every year since I was one, my mom has given me an angel ornament that is part of a series from Hallmark. I have almost an entire tree’s worth of angel ornaments.
7. Most memorable Christmas – Another tough one to answer. I love Christmas because it means spending time with the people I love.
8. Post a picture of Christmas Décor – My Christmas décor is severely lacking this year mostly because my stuff is still in boxes and my cat chewed through the light string on the tree. I think he was trying to imitate Clark Griswald’s cat from National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation.
9. Easiest person to buy for? – No one in my family is very busy to buy for. This year, my baby sister was the easiest person to buy. I knew what I was going to get her before I even started thinking about Christmas shopping.
10. Favorite Holiday Scent – Cinnamon! I love getting the cinnamon scented pine cones at the store and placing them all over the house. No one in my family likes that though so I have to be very sneaky when I do it.
11. Favorite Christmas tradition – When I was in grade school, my family used to go camping at Fort Wilderness, the campground at Walt Disney World. We would decorate our tents and campsites for the holidays. We would also ride every single mode of transportation possible (golf cart, bus, monorail and boat) to see all of the decorations around Walt Disney World. I loved seeing the different Christmas trees around the resort. We would also sing carols really loud while on the buses.
12. Wrapping paper or gift bags? – Wrapping paper. Gift bags are the easiest option but also usually the most expensive. Wrapping paper takes more effort but I have always loved ripping it open on Christmas morning!
Now it is your turn. Answer any of the above questions.