Wow! I am super late in weekly updates on my marathon training! So to avoid bombarding you with two updates, I have decided to combine two weeks worth into one long post. Week Four was the week of the Tower of Terror 10 Miler and I think I am still trying to recover from that race. It wasn’t hard physically (except for the humidity) but it really did hit me mentally. Week Five was a recovery week and my first full week at my new gym!
Week 4 (Sept. 24, 2012) Workouts:
- Monday, 9/24/2012 – RestReally Long Work Day
- Tuesday, 9/25/2012 – Tempo Run (4+ Miles)
- 4.70 miles, 52:43 minutes, 11:13 min/mile avg. pace, 172 BPM avg. HR
- Mile Splits –
- Mile 1 – 10:17 minutes <— Warm Up (Oops!)
- Mile 2 – 10:25 minutes
- Mile 3 – 10:58 minutes
- Mile 4 – 11:51minutes <— Cool Down
I knew this week was going to be really bad at work because I scheduled Friday and Monday off for my runDisney race. I decided that I wanted to run at least once with the Fit2Run running group this week to make sure I got in at least one decent run before the race. As usual, Tuesday nights are the weekly tempo runs for the group so my scheduled easy run became a tempo run. After a mile warm up, we did some basic drills that are supposed to help improve speed. Then it was time for the tempo run. I actually felt pretty good and really hoped that tonight’s run would give me the confidence I needed for the 10 Miler on Saturday night.
- Wednesday, 9/26/2012 – Rest Day
Tonight I met some Tampa Bay Lady Bloggers for our monthly book club meeting. We had an awesome evening eating dinner, talking about the book and just chatting in general.
- Thursday, 9/27/2012 – RestReally Long Work Day
- Friday, 9/28/2012 – Rest Day
WE JOINED A GYM!! Ever since my boyfriend and I started talking about moving in together, we also started talking about joining a gym. He has watched me on my healthy living journey for almost two years now and has decided to start his own. We decided to finally take that leap today and joined an Anytime Fitness that is close to our house.
- Saturday, 9/29/2012 – Disney’s Tower of Terror 10 Miler
- 10.00 miles, 2:07:59 (total time), 12:48 min/mile avg. pace, 165 BPM avg. HR
I had an absolutely amazing time running the Tower of Terror 10 Miler. The race didn’t go nearly as well as I had hoped but I really did love everything about this race. Disney did a great job with the on-course entertainment and the after party was fantastic!
- Sunday, 9/30/2012 – Rest Day
Today, my boyfriend and I lounged by the pool at the hotel and just relaxed. It was awesome!
Week 4 Workout Totals:
- Running – 15.00 miles
- Strenth Training – 0 workouts
- Cross Training – 0 workouts
- Yoga – 0 classes
Week 5 (Oct. 1, 2012) Workouts:
- Monday, 10/1/2012 – Rest Day
- Tuesday, 10/2/2012 – Easy Run (3+ Miles)
- 3.18 miles, 38:18 minutes, 12:00 min/mile avg. pace, 148 BPM avg. HR
Tonight my boyfriend and I worked out at our new gym for the very first time. We didn’t have very much time though so I only had enough time to get in my scheduled easy run. I actually felt pretty good considering my legs were still sore from Saturday’s race. I maintained a pretty even pace throughout the 3 miles.
- Wednesday, 10/3/2012 – Strength Training
- Nike Training Club – 30 minutes (Ab Burner + Shaped Back)
Since I am trying to get back into a regular training schedule, I made sure to bring my gym stuff with me to work so that I would have no excuse not to stop by on my way home. I have decided to start up the Nike Training Club workouts again because they are easy to follow and there isn’t any guess work when it comes to what I should be doing at the gym.
- Thursday, 10/4/2012 – Tempo Run (5+ Miles)
- 5.13 miles, 56:01 minutes, 10:54 min/mile avg. pace, 163 BPM avg. HR
Having a gym that is open 24 hours a day means that I have no more excuses to miss my scheduled workouts. Today I had a 5 mile tempo run on tap. I thought about skipping it because I was tired from my long work days but I also decided that training for the Walt Disney World Marathon is more important to me than missing another training run. I ended up impressing myself tonight because I didn’t stop once during the 5 miles!
- Friday, 10/5/2012 – Rest Day
- Saturday, 10/9/2012 – Komen Florida Suncoast Race for the Cure 10K
Today I ran the Race for the Cure 10K through Downtown St. Pete. That’s right! I ran two races on back to back weekends. I figured it would be good practice for my upcoming January races. The course was beautiful and I really loved running this race. It wasn’t the performance I wanted but not every race is. While I was running, I actually had a bit of a revelation in that I realized that I am suffering from a mental block about racing. I am hoping to write more about that later this month.
- Sunday, 10/7/2012 – Rest Day
My boyfriend and I needed a day to relax. We haven’t really had a chance to just stop and smell the roses so we took the opportunity to do that today. Plus, I am trying to get him caught up on one of my favorite shows, Once Upon A Time!
Week 5 Workout Totals:
- Running – 14.53 miles
- Strenth Training – 2 workouts (30 minutes)
- Cross Training – 0 workouts
- Yoga – 0 classes
So tell me, how have your workouts been going?