Last week was not the best week for me. My training schedule called for an easy run on Tuesday, a tempo run on Thursday and a long run on Sunday. I also wanted desperately to start working strength training back into my routine. My project at work decided to kick my butt instead of allowing me to train for my marathon.
Last Week’s Workouts:
- Monday, 9/17/2012 – RestReally Long Work Day
- Tuesday, 9/18/2012 – RestReally Long Work Day
- Wednesday, 9/19/2012 – Easy Run (3+ miles)
- 3.04 miles, 34:12 minutes, 11:13 min/mile avg. pace
The last two days at work have been awful. Long hours, crazy requests and missed workouts were driving me nuts. When I left the house this morning, I grabbed my running clothes so that I wouldn’t have an excuse to miss the Wednesday night Fun Run at my Fit2Run store. Tonight’s group was a totally different one than I am used to when I join the Tuesday and/or Thursday groups. There was no specific workout for tonight’s run. The only thing I was asked to do was run and that is what I did. One thing that I have learned about running groups is that my pace is ALWAYS faster than normal. It actually felt really good to push myself a little tonight even though it was supposed to be an “easy” run.
- Thursday, 9/20/2012 – RestReally Long Work Day
- Friday, 9/21/2012 – RestReally Long Work Day
- Saturday, 9/22/2012 – RestMental Health Day
- Sunday, 9/23/2012 – Long Run (10 miles)
- 10.00 miles, 2:09:59 (total), 13:00 min/mile avg. pace, 161 BPM avg. HR
My new running route is taking me a lot longer to get used to than I thought. Last week’s run wasn’t great but for the most part I didn’t feel too bad throughout the run. I did walk a lot more than I am used to, which is very disheartening. Today’s long run was worse than last week’s. My new running route doesn’t have shade trees unlike my old running route that was lined with big shade trees. I used those trees to provide shelter from the Florida sun. This morning my run started about 2 hours later than I wanted to and the sun was really beating down. I really struggled with maintaining my run and thought about turning around many times during the run. I am proud of the fact that I didn’t give up. I ran the entire 10 mile distance that was on my training schedule.
Last Week’s Workout Totals:
- Running – 13.05 miles
- Cross Training – 0 workouts
- Strength Training – 0 workouts
- Yoga – 0 classes
How did your workouts go last week?