The start of a new month means a new set of goals. July makes the start of the second half of the year as well as the start of marathon training for me. To say that I am nervous about my first marathon is a complete understatement.
1. Stick to my training plan. My marathon is 28 weeks away! I created a training plan based on the tried and true plans that will help me slowly build up my mileage from where it is now to where it needs to be. I promise to post more about my training plan this week.
2. Clean up my eating. I can’t deny the fact that my eating habits have not exactly been the best lately. I have been attempting to eat when I am hungry and not worry so much about calories. I have also given in to my sweet tooth … a lot. While my weight hasn’t changed, I really want to clean up my eating and tame my sweet tooth. I know it won’t happen over night but I really want to make an effort this month.
3. Follow the July Photo A Day prompts. The last two months I have done really well with following the daily photo prompts from Fat Mum Slim but I haven’t really stuck with it. I have missed days or I have fallen behind and had to catch up. This month I really want to stick with the prompts and take a daily photo based on the prompts. (Be sure to follow me on Instagram to see my photos.)
4. Follow the Abs Challenge. Amanda from Run to the Finish has been hosting 30 day challenges since the beginning of the year. I have attempted to participate in several of them but wasn’t as successful as would have liked. This month Amanda is partnering with Susan from Strong Like Susan and they are hosting a 30 Day Abs Challenge. Seriously who doesn’t want awesome abs! There is still time to sign up if you are interested in participating in this great challenge.
5. Blog more frequently/consistently. I am horrible about second guessing myself. I have a long list of topics I want to blog about but I worry about how it will be perceived. I really want to (and need to) get over my fears when it comes to my blog. It is my personal space where I can share my life experiences and things that I feel are important to me.
What are goals for the month of July?