My FitBook Challenge: Week 7 Recap
I know I am almost a week late with last week’s FitBook recap but better late than never, right? Last week was definitely a rough week for me. It started off with a slight weight gain, followed by a week-long flu and ended with a run that didn’t go exactly as planned.
Weekly Statistics (as of the start of Week 7):
- Starting Weight = 151.0 lbs.
- Last Week’s Weight = 147.0 lbs.
- Current Weight = 147.6 lbs.
- Weekly Weight Change = 0.6 lbs.
- Total Weight Loss = 3.4 lbs.
Body Mass Index:
- Starting BMI = 25.12 (Overweight)
- Last Week’s BMI = 24.46 (Healthy)
- Current BMI = 24.56 (Healthy)
- Weekly BMI Change = 0.10
- Total BMI Loss = 0.56
My Goals for Week 7:
- Attend a yoga class
- Get in my training runs
- Avoid processed foods
- Drink 96 oz. of water daily
So how did I do on my goals?
- Attend a yoga class – SUCCESS!! I attended the Saturday morning yoga class at the new Lululemon Store near my house. It was a wonderful class and I can’t wait to attend another one!
- Get in my training runs – Not even a little bit. Unfortunately, being sick for most of the week was not conducive for running, especially since the flu-like symptoms were focused in my lungs and sinuses. I did run once though and for the most part it went alright.
- Avoid processed foods – Getting there. I want to start eating “cleaner” foods and the best place to start is to eliminate processed foods. I started that journey this week.
- Drink 96 oz. of water daily – Almost successful!! I drank a total of 648 oz. of water last week for an average of 92.6 oz. daily. I was so close to meeting this goal!
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly:
Being sick really hindered my physical activity this week but I still did a pretty good job of meeting most of my weekly goals. I really rocked my water intake and I attended a yoga class. I had honestly forgotten how much fun I have when I get the opportunity to go to an actual class. Hopefully, I can go to another one very soon.
My biggest disappointment this week was missing three of my training runs. The one run that I did get in was actually shorter than what was on my schedule. I really tried not to let it bother me. I have missed so many of my training runs already that I am really worried that I won’t achieve my goals for my upcoming half marathon.
There are several things that I need to keep in mind. (1) Sometimes taking extended periods of rest is a good thing. (2) I still have six weeks of training left before my race. (3) Stop being so hard on myself when I miss a workout. I am the only one to blame and sometimes I can’t control the situation.
Greatness is earned, never awarded. – Nike Running Ad
I want to be a runner. I want to be a good runner. I want to be a great runner.