My FitBook Challenge: Week 6 Recap
Week 6 of my FitBook challenge was rough to say the least. I was hoping for a good week, one that was better than the last two weeks, but that didn’t happen. I really need to get focused to get back on track.
Weekly Statistics (as of the start of Week 6):
- Starting Weight = 151.0 lbs.
- Last Week’s Weight = 144.4 lbs.
- Current Weight = 147.0 lbs
- Weekly Weight Change = 2.6 lbs.
- Total Weight Loss = 4.0 lbs.
Body Mass Index:
- Starting BMI = 25.12 (Overweight)
- Last Week’s BMI = 24.03 (Healthy)
- Current BMI = 24.46 (Healthy)
- Weekly BMI Change = 0.43
- Total BMI Loss = 0.66
My Goals for Week 6:
- Follow my training plan
- Get in all 4 runs
- Drink 96 oz. of water daily
- Workout at least once in the morning
So how did I do on my goals?
- Follow my training plan – Not really. I missed two of my workouts this week. I really need to get refocused on my training schedule and keep my eye on the prize!
- Get in all 4 runs – Not really. I ran 3 times this week (75% completion) but I didn’t come close to my goal mileage for the week. I was scheduled to run 22.3 miles and I only ran 15.3 miles (68.6%). I did much better than last week but there is still a LOT of room for improvement.
- Drink 96 oz. of water daily – Slightly successful. I drank a total of 624 oz. of water last week, which is an average of 89 oz. daily. One of these weeks I will actually complete this goal but until then I will continue to work on it.
- Workout at least once in the morning – SUCCESS!! I actually successfully woke up and knocked out a morning workout on Friday! Trust me when I say that I still can’t believe it.
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly:
Even though I did horribly on my my weekly goals, I still completely SMASHED my 15k time at the Gasparilla Distance Classic! Now I know that I have improved significantly since October but a PR is a PR and one that is 8:41 is significant! I also figured out how to workout in the morning. All I have to do is make the extra effort everyday.
My biggest disappointment this week was missing two workouts. After my weekend at the beach, I was really hoping to get into the swing of things. I wasn’t very successful with that and would love to blame it on work but I can’t. I also gained some weight last week and that is probably due to my increased sugar and processed food intake. I need to work on getting my nutrition refocused.
The biggest thing I need to do is refocus on my goals. I need to get back on track with my training and nutrition plans. I need to eliminate unhealthy foods and eat more clean, unprocessed foods. I also need to work on my sleeping habits so I can workout in the mornings.
I need to get back on track with my health and fitness goals. I am not too far off from where I want to be but close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. At least that is what my father would say. I need keep calm, get refocused and run towards my goals!