Another month has past and that means it is time to check in my monthly goals. February was another active month for me. I ran my fourth half marathon through my hometown. While I didn’t set a new PR, I did knock more than 8 minutes off of my time for the Walt Disney World Half Marathon in January.
1. Practice Yoga twice a week. Halfway! I only practiced yoga 5 times this month, which averages out to be 1.25 times per week. My body has really been showing signs that I need to get back into a regular yoga practice.
2. Log my fitness and nutrition daily. Check! My FitBook Challenge has really helped me stick to logging daily. Everything that I eat is photographed and written down in my book. Every workout is logged.
3. Read a book … or two. Check! I didn’t read two books this month but I did read Catching Fire. Hopefully next month, I will read Mockingjay and The Night Circus .
4. Cook one meal a week. Check! I didn’t really experiment a whole lot with recipes this month but I did prepare a lot of meals at home.
5. Run 70 miles. Almost! Unlike last month, I missed quite a few runs mostly due to getting off of work too late. I also missed a long run, which really hurt me on this goal. Next month, I am really going to stick to my training plan. I did run 68.1 miles though and that is pretty impressive!
How did you do on your goals for February?
Salty sea air. White sandy beaches. Palm trees blowing in the breeze. Waves crashing on the beach. These are the images my boyfriend and I hoped for this past weekend while we were at Disney’s Vero Beach Resort.
On Friday morning, we packed up the car and drove across the state to Vero Beach, a small beach community on the Atlantic Ocean. Why would we drive 3 hours to go to the Atlantic Ocean when we could drive less than 45 minutes to the Gulf of Mexico? The ocean has such a different look and feel than the gulf plus we just wanted to escape for the weekend. And escape is just what we did.
We arrived at Disney’s Vero Beach Resort around 2:30 PM and were able to check into our room right away. After unloading the car, we decided to go for a walk around the resort to figure out where everything was. We also made reservations for the Sunday Beachside Brunch at Shutter’s. The brunch came highly recommended by the receptionist and we couldn’t pass up the chance for Bloody Marys and Mimosas.
After our walk, we headed over to the grocery store to grab some stuff lunches and snacks. While we love staying at Disney resorts, sometimes we don’t always want to spend a whole lot of money on food.
Once we got back to the room and got settled in, we ate the other half of our Subway sandwiches for dinner. We stopped at one for lunch on our drive over.
After I finished eating dinner, I decided that it was time to get in my workout for the day. I really wanted to work out before we left but I didn’t have enough time. I think it actually worked out for the best because I got to use a decent fitness center for a change. The resort’s fitness center was well equipped with plenty of cardio and weight machines as well as a full dumbbell rack. Unfortunately, running on the treadmill was not very enjoyable. I still managed to knock out an easy 2 miles.
The rest of the evening was spent star gazing from our balcony. The clear skies and very dimly lit resort made for an abundance of stars in the night sky. We also made some strawberry shortcake.